Oxnard Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
We Fight to Win Your Claim in Ventura County & Throughout California
With our great weather year-round consisting of mostly sunny skies, California is the perfect place to ride a motorcycle. Whether as a means for transportation or recreation, thousands of individuals use motorcycles in and around Ventura County as well as in the rest of Southern California.
Unfortunately, these individuals are at increased risk of severe injuries and even death in California traffic accidents. This is due to the open nature of these machines which lack all of the safety features and protections of an enclosed car with seatbelts, airbags, and other safety devices.
Being involved in a motorcycle accident is generally a physically and emotionally traumatic experience for these riders.
Accidents can result in various and multiple injuries putting you:
- Out of work
- Needing serious medical attention
- And temporarily or permanently disabled
During such a traumatic time, you can turn to Moss Bollinger where we fight for the justice you need and deserve when wrongfully injured by the negligent actions of others. Our firm has been in the business of holding accountable those responsible for wrongful harm against Californians for years.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in California?
The most common case of motorcycle accidents in California and the nation is driver error. This is often voiced by drivers as failure to see a motorcycle in traffic. This may be due to smaller size of motorcycles, especially when they are behind or ahead of other vehicles from the sight of motorists.
Driver inattention and other forms of negligence, such as:
- Cell phone usage
- Swerving into lanes
- And other dangerous actions frequently lead to these accidents
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to continuing data by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are overrepresented in all traffic deaths while making up only three percent of all registered vehicles. For instance, the NHTSA reported that over 5,000 motorcyclists died in 2019 traffic accidents which made up 14 percent of all fatalities.
This makes motorcyclists 29 times more likely to die in these crashes than the occupants of passenger cars. Another 84,000 motorcyclists were injured that year. The majority of all motorcycle accidents occur between drivers of other vehicles and the motorcyclist.
Put an experienced personal injury firm on your side to handle all aspects of your claim. Call Moss Bollinger for a free consultation with a Oxnard motorcycle accident lawyer at (866) 535-2994 or contact us online. Bilingual Spanish services available.
- Road rash. Even with protective gear, motorcyclists can suffer cuts and scrapes. In the most severe cases, this can result in blood loss, internal injuries, scars, and disfigurement.
- Broken bones. This is common when riders are thrown from their bikes and can be sustained along with other types of injuries.
- Concussions, brain damage, and traumatic brain injury. Even with a helmet, severe impact to the head can cause minor to major types of brain damage which can lead to a long list of disabilities, including the loss of bodily functions.
- Spinal cord damage. Damage to the spine, which is exposed when riding a motorcycle, can result in various conditions, from spinal lacerations to severed areas that can result in paralysis.
These types of injuries can result in overwhelming medical bills, loss of income while you are out of work, the destruction of your motorcycle, intense pain and suffering, and the emotional trauma caused by incident itself as well all of these consequences.
Work with An Experienced Legal Team
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, it is crucial that you turn to a trusted and experienced personal injury law firm. These cases can be complex and require a team that knows how investigate, preserve evidence, locate all responsible parties, establish fault, bring in expert testimony, and aggressively negotiate or litigate for maximum compensation. We put the highest standards of legal service to work for you. Let us protect your rights by contacting us today.